What does it take to be a Professional Popcorn Person at Popcorn, Indiana? It’s pretty simple, actually. You need to be personable, industrious, and passionate about creating the best-tasting snacks on the planet! We are passionate about snacking and we are also wildly passionate about how we treat our people, our partners, and our planet. Popcorn, Indiana is an equal opportunity employer.
The QA Supervisor position will coordinate all activities associated with raw / packaging material and finished product inspections and testing, development and continual refinement of product specifications, quality problem resolution, supplier compliance, facility sanitation and record maintenance. The position will be responsible for the activities associated with product quality on all shifts working directly with manufacturing and quality assurance personnel.
• Supervise three shifts of QA technicians
• Maintain and calibrate various laboratory analytical instruments.
• Maintain HACCP and GMP programs. Update records and communicate non-compliance to Operations and Supply Chain Teams.
• Develop SOPs and SSOPs under the direction of the Manager, Quality Assurance.
• Maintain pest control program. Communicate directly with outside pest control company.
• Assist QA Manager with product recall process. · Participate in the weekly plant GMP and sanitation audits.
• Maintain records of all lab / on-line testing and manage product retain procedure.
• Supervise the testing of all finished products including microbiological testing protocols and external laboratory coordination.
• Supervise the testing / sampling of incoming raw materials. Maintain raw material retain samples.
• Manage sensory evaluations including set-up and record keeping.
• Manage the ‘product hold process’ including resolution.
• Travel to suppliers’ locations for purposes such as routine audits and problem resolution.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Food Science or other science related field.
• 3-5 years of direct QA supervisory experience in a food production facility.
• Experienced in HACCP, GMP, FDA and OSHA regulations, pest control, environmental testing and food plant auditing.
Certifications in GMP, HAACP and SQF is a plus.
• Experienced in collecting samples-environmental and food product.
• Understanding of inspection criteria and processes.
• Experience working in both wet and dry food production and sanitation operations.
Please send resume to HR@popcornindiana.com
Agencies and Recruiters
If you are an Agency or Recruiter and have a qualified candidate for any of our opportunities, please reach out to HR@popcornindiana.com prior to submitting a resume. Thanks!